The cost of eloping can be under $100 and it can be over $10,000. It really depends on what YOU want your special day to include. Here are some helpful hints from the Holladay House Bed and Breakfast. Once you know the answers to these questions, you should be able to start planning your elopement.
Understand what is included in the price of the package
* What does the facility take care of? What if you want them to take care of everything? What if you want to customize and be more hands on?
* Does the package include the officiant? Sometimes finding the officiant is the hardest part – is that taken care of? Does he/she allow customization of the ceremony if you want to include your own vows or traditions?
* Do you want to include guests? Some facilities see an elopement as just two people as opposed to a small wedding. If you want guests, including a four-legged member of your family, make sure your facility allows it. Here at Holladay House we can have 2-20 people and your pet.
Frilly Details (that can cost extra)
* What can the bride and groom wear? Ladies may wear anything from full length bridal gowns to colorful dramatic dresses to simple day dresses they can wear time and again! Gentlemen may wear anything from business casual to suit + tie to a tux. Wear what will make you the most comfortable on YOUR day! Need some ideas? Check out our photo album here.
* Cakes? You bet! Engraved tableware? Sure! Special items, like unity candles? Absolutely! Color scheme? Certainly! Do you need to do all this? Nope – but make sure your facility will allow such additions if they are important to you.
* Do you want professional photos? There are fabulous pro photographers that specialize in small weddings and price themselves accordingly. Not all photographers do small weddings/elopements so be careful about falling in love with a photographer before understanding their interest in shooting your wedding day.
Reception or After Party
* Many couples who elope have a big casual party to celebrate later on in the year – it takes all the stress out of a wedding event and leaves only the fun of planning a party!
* Go out for a special dinner to end your big day. Or rent a limo and enjoy an afternoon of wine tasting.
Now that you have done your research on the costs to elope, let’s say “I DO”! Click here to learn how to go about eloping – yes… the official stuff.